A very common, deep-seeded emotion I hear coming out more and more these days is "feeling empty" – generally alluding to the condition where you…
- find it hard to feel any emotion other than being flat
- grow increasingly isolated, people just don't seem to want to be around you or vice versa
- lower energy, can't seem to get up the motivation to take action
- grow quieter and less self-confident around others
- constantly get passed up for promotions, friendships, relationships and such
- a fear or panic about where you are in life
- lack of hope or direction
- frequent use of escapes such as alcohol, watching TV, video games, etc…
Feeling empty is no way to go through life. You may be able to mask those feelings for a while (sometimes many years), but eventually everyone must deal with these emotions.
The good news is that there are ways to escape this rut, add purpose to your life, boost your self confidence and live a fulfilling life.
1. Work on improving your self-confidence. In many situations we are holding ourselves back. We are supressing our true purpose, desires and abilities due to fear, stress and/or toxic bodies. One of the most useful books on this topic is Attracting Greatness outlining the 5 Pillars of Greatness outlining a roadmap and techniques to help recognize and neutralize fear, manage stress and anxiety and understand how toxicity builds in all of our systems holding us down. Through painless, rewarding techniques such as meditation, deep breathing, affirmations, you can immediately begin to see improvements in your self-confidence that provides the foundation for further feelings of fulfillment.
2. Trust yourself, stop looking outside for purpose and motivation and begin letting your true potential emerge. Linked closely to self-confidence are the active techniques you can use to begin to direct your energy inward-out versus letting others energy impact you outward-in. Control of your energy and projecting that energy outward is one of the most powerful improvements you can make in your life
3. Taking action. Having self-confidence and a plan in line with your internal purpose is great, but to really keep momentum, make progress and feel great about yourself and those around you each day, you must take action. Fortunately, working on steps 1 & 2 make taking action much easier than it may be for you today.
You can stop that empty feeling in your life…you have the ability to control your path, with these tips it's now up to you to change your life. Leave us a comment and tell us how this has helped you or if you have questions.